1882 - 1971 (88 years)
Name VALENTINE, Edna Sarah Born 31 Aug 1882 Brookhaven, Long Island  Gender Female Residence 1900 Oyster Bay, Nassau, New York  Census 1910 487 W. 135th Street, New York, NY, USA
- Trapnell / Edna / Head / White / Female / 27 / Married / Married 1yr /0 children/Born New York / F B New York / M B New York / Occup (illegible, possibly ‘none’ as she was pregnant)
Residence 1916 124 South, Bluefield, Mercer, WV, USA  Residence 1920 Manhattan Assembly District 23, New York, New York  Residence 1920 Glen Cove, Nassau, New York  Residence 1921 601 W 169th Street, Manhattan, NY, USA  Residence 1930 Queens, Queens, New York  Died 23 Jul 1971 Santa Monica, Ca  Buried Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, CA Person ID I133 Hugh Byrne and Nanette Asimov Lines Last Modified 18 Sep 2012
Father VALENTINE, Jacob Lewis, b. 16 Apr 1857, Nassau County, NY, USA , d. 30 Apr 1942 (Age 85 years) Mother BARTEAU, Sarah Baldwin, b. 16 Jan 1862, Brookhaven, Long Island , d. 16 Jun 1884 (Age 22 years) Married 5 Oct 1881 Brookhaven, Long Island
- JPG, Genealogy/Reunion/documents/Barteau-Valentine Wedding Invitation.jpg, Barteau / Valentine Wedding Invitation, DOCUMENT, Wedding invitation for Sadie Barteau & JL Valentine
Barteau / Valentine Wedding Invitation
Wedding invitation for Sadie Barteau & JL Valentine
Family ID F78 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family 1 BRUCE, Alfred William, b. 16 Jan 1879, West Boylston, Worcester, MA, USA Married 16 Nov 1940 New York Last Modified 23 Apr 2017 Family ID F77 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family 2 TRAPNELL, Major Thomas Tidball, b. 18 Jul 1883, Charles Town, WV , d. 16 Jun 1940, Mclean, VA (Age 56 years) Married 20 Feb 1909 Brookhaven, Long Island  Divorced 19 Aug 1922 Manhattan, NY, USA 
- After being denied 2 months earlier, divorce granted.
- Tom and Edna had a difficult marriage, and difficulty obtaining a divorce. The requirements for divorce in NY in the early 20s required evidence of infidelity, including witnesses. Their divorce process ran into trouble when the court appointed referee did not initially think there were sufficient grounds. After another two months of wrangling, the court granted a divorce.
Children 1. TRAPNELL, Valentine Coles, b. 2 Aug 1910, Brooklyn, NY , d. 29 Jan 1999, Los Angeles, CA (Age 88 years) Photos Thomas Tidball Trapnell, Edna Sarah Valentine (Trapnell), and baby Valentine Coles Trapnell Thomas Tidball & Valentine Coles Trapnell Documents Joseph Trapnell III letter to Thomas Tidball Trapnell
Aug 4, 1910
My dear Tom,
When I reached my office about noon today, I found yours of yesterday announcing the birth of your son. It was a great relief, for we, especially Mamma, have felt not a little anxiety on account of the long delay. We unite most heartily with you in returning Thanks to our Father in Heaven and prayers that all may continue well with the trio.
I am not well enough to write you at length but, no doubt, Mamma, when she has read your letter will write Edna our congratulations in extenso.
I think your baby is about, or fully, up the average so fars as averdupois is concerned and, as for looks, I believe a newly born infant is, to a a man's eyes, the most disappointing production in natural history. Fortunately they develop rapidly and in, say 30 days, you will hardly credit the statement that it is the same individual.
I am glad to know that Mother and child are doing well and since Edna wanted a boy (which I concur in) that she has it.
My best love and warmest wishes for all hands. Meanwhile keep us posted if you can. As ever,
Yours A f'ly
Albums Trapnell Family (162)
Descendants of Joseph Trapnell
Last Modified 23 Apr 2017 Family ID F63 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map = Link to Google Earth Pin Legend : Address : Location : City/Town : County/Shire : State/Province : Country : Not Set
- [S33] Byrne.FTW, Date of Import: Feb 20, 2005.
- [S125] U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, Yates Publishing, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004), Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Original data: This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived from an array of materials including pedigree charts, family history articles, queries, letters, Bible records, wills, biographies, and manuscript genealogies.
- [S122] Social Security Death Index, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007), Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2006.
- [S13] 1900 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004), Ancestry.com. 1900 U.S. Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Original data: United States. 1900 United States Federal Census. T623, 1854 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C. Nassau, New York, ED 729, roll T623 1079, page 8A.
- [S517] Bluefield, W. VA., Directory, R.L. Polk, Trapnell Thomas T (Edna), lawyer 604 Law & Commerce bldg, h 124 South.
- [S15] 1920 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005), Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2005. Indexed by Ancestry.com from microfilmed schedules of the 1920 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration.1920 Federal Population Census. T625, 2,076 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C.
- [S207] Divorce for Mrs. Trapnell, White Plains, NY, Aug 19. -- An interlocutory judgement of divorce in favor of of Mrs. Edna Valentine Trapnell from Thomas Tidball Trapnell granted by Justice Seeger...The couple were married at Broohaven, LI, on Feb 20, 1909...The couple at the time of the suit resided at 601 W. 169th Street, Manhattan.
- [S17] 1930 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002), Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2001-. Indexed by Ancestry.com from microfilmed schedules of the 1930 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C. Queens, Queens, New York, ED 660, roll 1585, page 38A, image 541.0.
- [S33] Byrne.FTW, Date of Import: Feb 20, 2005.